Subheading



Tuesday 15 January 2013

The north wind

It hasn't been bright for a while. By that I mean there has been absolutely no sun for weeks. In fact, when I saw some tentative brightness from behind the cloud I was almost shocked; it brought a sound of appreciative surprise to my lips, in any case. What is so lovely about extended periods of greyness is the euphoria that comes when they they are broken by glorious sun. Everyone trudging around through damp and muddy ground, head's lowered, every thought turning inwards, as if minds hibernate even when we force our bodies out into the chill, can look up for moment, their worries disperse while an involuntary smile is raised and it's as if their soul takes a fresh breath.

I was drawn outside. I just went. No coat, scarf or gloves. Just as I was. It wasn't in a trance-like state, it was just a determination to out, to give that burst of light my undivided attention with no barriers to keep us apart. And it was wonderful. It did not warm me, the north wind was blowing hard enough to chill my very marrow, but it did unburden me, unwind me and lighten me and for much more than a moment.

Time up.

Inspiration:
Today, I just took inspiration from something that happened today. I wanted just my voice, as honest as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really welcome constructive comments or perhaps even some inspiration. To be honest , I would settle for some encouragement.