Subheading



Tuesday 12 February 2013

Dearest you

I could tell you how much I love you. I can talk and use words that others have used before me and have stumbled over. Feelings they wanted to sing to you but couldn't; shied away from exposing themselves at their very core - too vulnerable by far. But spoken words are as dust blown by a wind, only a shadow of them remain after the merest of moments. They do not last.

But if I write, well, those words will remain as long as this letter of my love is held in your hand and in your mind or the ink refuses to fade through the severest of life's agonies. My letter will last as long as you for once read it becomes a part of you. Even discarded or burnt the letter cannot be unwritten, the script cannot be unformed, nor love's language erased. It will not change and neither will my love.

I want to say, i need to say, with my heart ringing and my mind chiming, that your face is my silence and peace, your hand is my heart, your eyes are my eternity, as they hold my soul, mine with yours. You are all my joy and all my sadness. Your presence or absence is my clock and so ticks past my day, my life, wound by yours. And if you go, I will always be at the door waiting for you to come home.

Yours




Time up.
Inspiration was from 'write practice' again. They challenged you to write a love letter. I did the challenge but I bore my soul mate in mind while writing. Everything written here today, I do feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really welcome constructive comments or perhaps even some inspiration. To be honest , I would settle for some encouragement.