Subheading



Saturday 9 February 2013

But what's it like?

The sea.
Is it gentle like a first kiss?
Is it as chilling as bad news?
It is as refreshing as a peel of laughter
Or the gurgling laugh of a child.
It is often like the voice of god at his most vengeful
Or at his most forgiving.
It brings a shining brightness to the skin, like the rays of the sun, yet far more tangible.
But dangerous as the night and glistening like the cold steel of a blade, the sea rages.



Time up.
Inspiration: tonight the challenge came again from the Write Practice site. I wasn't going to do it as it asked you write nearly similes but as I need to try different types of writing I thought I SHOULD do it. It took me ten minutes to complete the few lines above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really welcome constructive comments or perhaps even some inspiration. To be honest , I would settle for some encouragement.