Subheading



Thursday 24 March 2011

All righty, then. What's next?

Ooo, 'Rob fromBooks'?  Plagiarism, eh?  Crickey, a bit of sticky wicket there.

Ah, no. My mistake.  Not plagiarism, merely that I should attempt to write variations on themes.  H'm, very Elgar -ish.

Do I like Elgar?  Do you know, I don't think I do.  Bland and slow.  I hate to be thought a philastine, but there you are; one must be honest. 

Sorry, back to task.
Borrowing from other people's originality certainly appeals to me and my distressing genetic condition: laziness. (Distressing to other people, that is.)  The work book suggests borrowing from The Odyssey or The Inferno. What!  I know Dante wrote the latter but that's as much as I know.  I made a vague assumption some time ago that it might be slightly whingy and, like most assumptions, I didn't care enough to find out the truth.  The Odyssey - Virgil or Homer?  I certainly haven't got the inclination to try to appear well educated enough to know who is whom.  Was one Greek, one Roman?  Was one a nom de plume of the other?  Who cares?
......you, possibly.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really welcome constructive comments or perhaps even some inspiration. To be honest , I would settle for some encouragement.